In the Americas & Oceania area, Insmi hosts 5 UMI, 2 LIA and 1 GDRI (for definitions of UMI, LIA and GDRI, take a look at the CNRS International Cooperation tool-kit).
Joint research units
- The Center for Mathematical Modeling (CMM - UMI 2807) was created in 2000 and is located in Santiago de Chile. This UMI is devoted to applied mathematics (mechanics, partial differential equations, discrete mathematics, optimisation and probability).
- The UMI Jean-Christophe Yoccoz CNRS-IMPA (UMI 2924) was created in 2006. It is located in Rio de Janeiro and results from an agreement between the CNRS and the Instituto nacional de Matemática Pura e Aplicada (IMPA). This UMI is devoted to various fields of mathematics: algebra, analysis, geometry, optimisation, real and complex dynamical systems, probability, numerical analysis and mathematical economics.
- The Pacific Institute for Mathematical Science (PIMS - UMI 3069) was created in 2007. The PIMS gathers nine Canadian universities (University of Victoria, Simon Fraser University, University of British Columbia, University of Alberta, University of Calgary, University of Regina, University of Saskatchewan, University of Lethbridge, University of Manitoba) and one American university (University of Washington).
- The Centre de recherche mathématique (CRM - UMI 3457) was created in 2011 and is located in Montréal (Québec - Canada). This unit promotes collaboration between French and Canadian mathematicians in the whole spectrum of mathematics.
- The Laboratory Solomon Lefschetz (LaSol - UMI 2001) was created in 2017 and is located in Mexico City. It focuses on algebra, analysis and partial differential equations, combinatory and convexity, geometry, probability, singularities, dynamical systems and topology, but is also open to others fields of mathematics.
International associated laboratories
- The International associated laboratory Analysis and Geometry (LIA AnGe) was created by the Australian National University (ANU) and the CNRS. This laboratory gathers the Mathematical Science Institute (MSI) of the Australian National University in Canberra and the Laboratoire de Mathématiques d’Orsay (LMO). AnGe focuses on analysis and geometry, mathematical physics and nonlinear analysis. Contact: Filippo Santambrogio.
- The Franco-Uruguayan Institute of Mathematics (LIA IFUM) was created by the University of Montpellier 2, the École Normale Supérieure, the Universities of Toulouse 1, 2 and 3, the INSA Toulouse, the Universidad de la Republica (Montevideo) and the program of development of Sciences of Uruguay (PEDECIBA). The LIA IFUM focuses on algebra and algebraic geometry, dynamical systems and probability, and statistics. Contact: Patrice Le Calvez.
International research network
- The Franco-Brasilian network of Mathematics (GDRI RFBM) aims at structuring the well-established relations between French and Brasilian mathematicians in all the fields of mathematics by facilitating contacts, encouraging cooperation initiatives, coordinating and structuring multi-partners research programs, and promoting pedagogical experiments. Contact: Charles Favre for France and Jacob Palis Junior for Brasil.