In the Europe, Russia & New Independant States area, Insmi hosts 3 UMI, 1 LIA and 2 GDRI (for a definition of UMI, LIA and GDRI, take a look at the CNRS International Cooperation tool-kit).
Joint research units
- The Pauli CNRS Institute (UMI 2842) is located in Vienna and involved in mathematics and in interface with informatics, physics and biology, via mathematical modelling and numerical simulation.
- The European Institute for Statistics, probability, Stochastic Operations Researchs and its Applications (Eurandom - UMI 3022) is located in Eindhoven (the Netherlands). It is devoted to research in stochastics (statistics, probability, and stochastic operation research) and interactions with other sciences.
- The Fibonacci Laboratory (UMI 3483) is located at the Scuola Normale Superiore of Pisa (Italy) and devoted to Franco-Italian collaboration in all the spectrum of mathematics and to their interactions with theoretical physics and informatics.
International associated laboratory
- The Ypatia Laboratory in Mathematical Sciences (LIA LYSM) is a French-Italian associated laboratory. It was created in 2017 by an agreement between the Aix-Marseille University, the Ecole Centrale of Marseille, the CNRS and the Istituto Nazionale di Alta Matematica "F. Severi" (INdAM). It covers the whole spectrum of mathematics. Contact: Pierre Picco.
International research networks
- The French-British-German network in Representation Theory aims at structuring and encouraging the scientific cooperation between British, French and German mathematicians specialised in the field of representation theory. Contact: Nicolas Jacon.
- The French-Italian network in Control of Partial Differential Equations (GDRI ConEDP) aims at structuring the well-established relations between French and Italian mathematicians specialised in the control of partial differential equations. Contact: Fatiha Alabau.