The Centre International de Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées (CIMPA), founded in France in 1978, is a nonprofit organisation working for the development of mathematics research in developing countries. CIMPA Research Schools is the historical activity of CIMPA, it focuses on areas where there is a real drive to develop mathematics and where there is a scope for a research project.
- You can explore various aspects of Gaston Darboux's life and work - mathematics and geometry, but also his political commitment as a scientist - by following the links on this webpage.
- The Institut Henri Poincaré organised a conference in historical sciences about Gaston Darboux on November 17th, 2017.
- The Société de Mathématiques Appliquées et Industrielles (SMAI<
On October 25th, 2017, the building of the Institut de mathématique d'Orsay (IMO) was inaugurated. Emmanuel Macron, President of the Republic, was present. The IMO gathers three types of services :
- the maths laboratory "Laboratoire de mathématiques d'Orsay" (CNRS/Université Paris-Sud),
- teaching facilities,
- the Jacques Hadamard library, which is a reference library in mathematics supported by both CNRS and Université Paris-Sud,
thus yielding a cluster for mathematics.
The next Math Employment Forum takes place on Wednesday, December 13th 2017 at the Cité des sciences et de l'industrie in Paris.
The 6th Heidelberg Laureate Forum will take place from September 23 to 28, 2018. The application process has begun.
A report on the three days of celebration for Abel Laureate Yves Meyer in Oslo.
The World Meeting for Women in Mathematics - (WM)² is a satellite event of the ICM 2018.
The maths laboratory Institut de Mathématiques de Toulouse in France celebrates its 10th anniversary on September 22nd, 2017. Testimonies, scientific lectures and festivities are planned.
The French national network for mathematical libraries RNBM (Réseau national des bibliothèques de mathématiques) organizes a 5-days conference in Cirm Luminy to question the issues of open-access publication on October 16-20th.